Dr. Samaniego received his Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology & Biomechanics from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX. He is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic West where he specialized in sports rehabilitation & injury prevention, nutrition, and a diversified approach to chiropractic adjusting.
During his time at both Texas Tech and Palmer, Pete worked as a certified personal trainer, allowing him to finely tune his skills in biomechanics and sports rehab. In grad school he was deeply involved with the Palmer West Sports Council, volunteering chiropractic treatment and first aid for various sporting events throughout the Bay Area ranging from triathlons to 5k runs.
As a doctor at Ultimate Sports Medicine his patient care ranges from the use of functional movement assessments (FMS), gait analysis, and enhance running technique to sports rehab and corrective exercise. He is certified in Active Release Technique, Rocktape (FMT 1 & 2), Dynamic Biomechanical Tape, and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization.
Pete remains a huge supporter of his alma mater in Texas, and serves as president of the Bay Area Texas Tech Alumni Association. He enjoys staying active through basketball, tennis, golf, running, and functional fitness. When it comes to chiropractic, his mission is to improve performance and quality of life, decrease musculoskeletal dysfunction, and inspire patients to take an active role in reaching their individual optimal health.
- San Francisco Gaelic Athletic Association Team Doctor
- Olympic Club Rugby
- Golden Gate Half Marathon
- Road to Recovery 5K
- California Beach Volleyball Association – Santa Cruz Tournament
- Silicon Valley Turkey Trot
- Monterey Sea Otter Classic
- Santa Clara Sporting Club F.C. – Sporting Invitational
- San Francisco Dew Tour
- North Face Endurance Challenge
- CPR/AED for health care providers
- A.R.T. (Active Release Technique)
- Rock Tape FMT 1 & 2
- Enhance Running
- Dynamic Tape
- K-Laser (Class IV)
- American Chiropractic Association
- California Chiropractic Association
- Foundation for Chiropractic Progress
- American College of Sports Medicine
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Texas Tech Alumni Association – SF Bay Area Chapter President